My Top Five WordPress Plugins

Home Forums Miscellaneous My Top Five WordPress Plugins

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    onitadubin0704

The popularity of WordPress, in part, is no doubt due to its relative ease of use and flexibility. With an array of themes and plugins to choose from, you can customize it until your heart is content; and this makes WordPress very appealing for first time web designers.

WordPress plugins provide you an avenue to easily expand the functionality of your website without having to know anything about computer code. Plugins allow you to add features, and build out your website beyond the limits of the default theme. Many plugins can be added to your website in the form widgets and others are simply installed and do their job in the background, behind the scenes.

Plugins have become common place, and even the default WordPress theme comes pre-loaded with several-but most of us need more. But which plugins do you really need? Much of that depends on the type of website you intend to build. A WordPress training site will require a different set of plugins as opposed to a video site, or a photo gallery site. Regardless of your websites purpose, there are some essential plugins I think everyone should install. So lets take a look at my top five WordPress plugins.

My Top Five Plugin Suggestions

This is not an exhaustive list and my recommendations here are general in nature. Remember; depending on your websites goal you will have specific plugin requirements. However, the WordPress content management system does a very good job at providing you with the basics within the software from the start.

Akismet

Akismet is installed by default, and its the first plugin you will see. It’s a anti-spam plugin which helps block automated bots that attempt to submit and attach unwanted comments to your blogs. If you beloved this article and also you would like to obtain more info with regards to wordpress addon plugin i implore you to visit our web site. When you allow comments on your website, ping backs and track backs can be sent and sometimes you’ll end up with spam on your site. Akismet protects your site from this hassle. You may still receive comments even with this plugin installed, but they will not be published on your posts. Instead, they will end up in your comments section where you have the option to review and delete them.

Bullet Proof Security

Protecting the integrity of your website is most important, and Akismet is just the start. To fully protect your file system you should always add a security plugin. If you’re wondering why WordPress is constantly releasing new versions; one of the major reasons is because new releases include bug fixes and security updates. No system can ever be too safe because there is always someone out there figuring out a way to backdoor the system.

There are many WordPress security plugins to pick from but my favorite is Bullet Proof Security. The setup interface can be a little intimidating at first glance, but once you get through the process and get it configured your website will be fully protected on the highest degree. Your most important files, such as.htaccess, will also be locked down solid.

All in One SEO

The All In One SEO plugin is used to help you optimize your site for the search engines. It allows you to easily attach meta data titles, tags, descriptions and keywords throughout your pages and posts. I suggest you leave the default settings as-is, on the main interface, and tailor your pages and posts to your liking.

I consider this plugin an absolute must because what good is your website if no one can find you? All In One makes it easier to optimize your site for organic search so why not install it. Recently, another SEO plugin has become very popular too-Yoast. Since I’m an avid All In One user I haven’t tried the Yoast SEO plugin yet, but from what I’ve read it has great reviews and appears to have a big following. Something to think about.

Video Sidebar Widget

Video is king and every website should incorporate some form of this medium to enhance your websites appeal. I prefer the Video Sidebar Widget because it’s a snap to install and the user interface is very user- friendly. You can incorporate all video formats as well as link video from popular sources such as YouTube and Vimeo seamlessly.

The name “sidebar widget” is a misnomer, because you can also use it to quickly insert videos into posts as well. Get this one because you will find many uses for it within your site.

Cumulus Tag Cloud

This one is probably my most personal, as opposed to necessity, plugin. WordPress comes with a default tag cloud located in the widgets area ready for use. It’s not fancy but it does contain all of the tags on your website, and, you should use it because those tags do get picked up and indexed in the search engines.

But I don’t like the default tag cloud so I use a more visually appealing plugin-Cumulus Tag Cloud. It’s basically a large spherical rotating image which includes all of your tags. It’s very editable too; you can add colors, text sizes and rotation speeds to make it look even more cool. I can’t say that having it installed will get you more attention from the search engines but it sure is great eye candy.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: My Top Five WordPress Plugins
Your information: