- This topic is empty.
22nd November 2020 at 03:35 #21965Matthew OldhamGuest
Master Color Concepts for All Media
by Caroline Jasper
- Genres: art
- Release date: March 1, 2005
- Publisher: Watson-Guptill
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780823042609 (082304260X)
- Author: Caroline Jasper
- Format: paperback, 144 pages
About The Book
The jargon of color theory and the unpredictability of mixing manufactured colors prevent many artists from using color to maximum advantage in their work. This comprehensive survey of color — its science, psychology, theory, and aesthetics — gives artists the knowledge and power to do more with color. Artists learn what color is; the color wheel; various types of color contrast (temperature, intensity, and value); how a medium’s physical characteristics affect the use and appearance of color; how color has been used by artists throughout history; and how color can be used effectively in a variety of theories, methods of applications, and mediums. This is an invaluable resource for artists who want to expand their knowledge about and invigorate their use of color.
• For artists at all skill levels working in any medium
• All artists, regardless of medium or style, need guidance and instruction on the theories and use of color
Examines the following topics:
• PHYSIOLOGY: what color is and how it has been explained by scientists
• THEORY: the color wheel, and alternative color systems like triangles and spheres
• HISTORY: how color has been used by artists throughout history
• PHYSICS: various types of color contrast (temperature, intensity, value)
• CHEMISTRY: how a medium’s physical characteristics affect the use and appearance of color
• CONTEMPORARY COLOR PRACTICE: how color can be used effectively in a variety of theories, methods of application, and mediums
TXT book Powercolor download on Amazon. Online Powercolor by Caroline Jasper buy cheap on iPhone. MOBI ebook Powercolor read online. EPUB Powercolor Caroline Jasper iPad on Dymocks.