Home Forums Equipment Vauxhall Corsa VXR – The Hottest Hatchback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kristamclarty9

The Vauxhall Corsa has seamlessly eased itself into the Great British consciousness by providing reasonably priced, stylish and ecologically sound motoring. In the small hatchback market, the target demographic is not often considered to be looking for a high performance vehicle; they are more interested in the MPG ratios and how much CO2 is leaking out of the exhaust. The standard Corsa fills this niche admirably and has become a consistent and popular seller throughout the country. Vauxhall, however, have had a change of heart with the Corsa’s regulation blueprints and have released a monster.

The Vauxhall Corsa 1. Should you liked this information and you would want to be given guidance relating to Alfa Romeo rally generously stop by the web-page. 6 16V VXR takes the tried and tested styling of the more common Corsa and puts fire and brimstone under the bonnet. This car seems to be squarely aimed at those amongst us who not only want to get away from the traffic lights first, but want to rip a hole in the space/time continuum whilst we do so.

I, like many people, learned to drive in a Vauxhall Corsa, so I was genuinely looking forward to revisiting the humble beginnings of my driving career. What I was presented with was an entirely different beast to the 1.3 CDTi I used to chug down the dual carriageway in. The Corsa VXR has been modelled to look sportier; the bodywork looks like a rally car, the seats hug your contours and the whole affair seems to have much more of a snarl about it.

I was used to the Diesel Corsa 0-60 capabilities of around 13 seconds, so was pleasantly surprised when I realised that the VXR model could manage it in half the time. When I say “pleasantly surprised”, I was actually whooping like an excitable Gorilla.

The Vauxhall Corsa VXR may very well appeal to the rather unsavoury boy racers amongst us, but its appeal really deserves to be enjoyed by a wider audience. The price range puts it in direct competiton with the higher spec Ford Fiestas and the zippy Vauxhall makes a very good case for itself. If you are looking for a car that can slap a smile on your face, I doubt you will have to look much further than the Vauxhall Corsa 1.6 16V VXR.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Vauxhall Corsa VXR – The Hottest Hatchback
Your information: